Welcome to Sankalpa Addiction Services
Providing individualised, evidence based and outcomes focused interventions to clients accessing our services. We use tools from Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) to provide a low threshold assessment and crisis management one-to-one based programme. These include:
Sankalpa works to empower people to address their individual drug and alcohol issues, by providing
low threshold access services, day stabilisation programmes and targeted training and employment placements for those in recovery.
We work through advocacy and partnership, leading towards the development of both individual and social recovery. Referrals from Finglas and Cabra are given priority however we accept referrals from outside this catchment area.
Sankalpa is a drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation service, providing a range of high quality services to men and women with problematic substance use. Sankalpa remains focused on maintaining a low threshold, evidence based service provision to clients with priority given to those from the D7/D11 catchment area.
We manage, deliver and review our addiction rehabilitation service in the Dublin 7 and 11 area, to assist people with their individual addiction issues and to support them on their rehabilitation pathway through the provision of therapeutic, evidence based, developmental, qualitative and creative programmes.
- To support service users on their individual treatment plan regarding their rehabilitation pathway
- Provide a safe working environment for all staff, service users, volunteers and placements by adhering to all Health and Safety legalisation including fire safety, data protection, child protection and mental health structures.
- To provide a safe therapeutic and learning environment.
- To provide high quality interventions in accordance with best practice.
- To work in partnership with other agencies to maximise pathways and potential outcomes for our service users
- To provide care and case management and adhere to the National Protocols.
- To ensure good working relationships with external service providers.
- To operate in a transparent and empowering manner.
- To provide a health and wellbeing aspect to our addiction treatment services.
- To support service users in achieving their desired goals and to refer them to additional external supports where necessary.
- To underpin all our work with a human rights approach.
HOW WE WORK
We use the tools from the Community Reinforcement Approach, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Motivational Interviewing to provide a low threshold Assessment and crisis management one to one based programme. These include;
- Care planning
- Comprehensive assessments
- Happiness scale
- Goals of counselling
- Functional analysis
- Communication skills
- Substance refusal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Sobriety sampling
- Relapse prevention
- Systematic encouragement
- Health and wellbeing
- Mental health links
- Key working and 1:1s
- Positive Behavioural change contracts
- Medication stabilisation.
We comply with the Governance Code for community, voluntary and charitable organisations in Ireland. We confirm that a review of our organisation’s compliance with the principles in the Code was conducted in 2018. This review was based on an assessment of our organisational practice against the recommended actions for each principle. The review sets out actions and completion dates for any issues that the assessment identifies need to be addressed”
More details available at http://www.governancecode.ie/