The ACCESS programme acts as the first port of call for many of our service users, both past and present.
It has a dual function in regards to assessments and crisis management. For many service users ACCESS is the
portal through which they can access the brief intervention needed in times of unforeseen stress, relapse and/or family issues.
Sankalpa deliver a low intensity evidence based psychosocial model encompassing structured interventions aimed at stabilising and/or reducing the harm associated with illicit substance use.
The model is informed by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA), Adult Education, Creativity (art, film, music), Complementary Therapies and Social Activities.
There are clearly defined referral pathways into and out from Sankalpa and our services form part of a wider continuum of care. Best practice inter agency protocols, case management and coordination are at the core of our service provision.
The model works with individuals; however, it recognises that the wider community is affected by the issues surrounding addiction. In that we aim to build both individual and social rehabilitation and recovery, capital among our service user group and progress them towards greater social inclusion and re-integration within the wider community.
Our outcome indicators include the Outcome Star, CRA tools and the use of eCASS, and service user satisfaction surveys. These provide clinical data to verify reduced substance use, evidence and participation and overall progression rate.
Using the modalities of The Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), we support individuals to address their addictions as a barrier to exiting homelessness.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A comprehensive assessment
- A designated keyworker
- A care plan
- A clear introduction to current programme participation
- A stable base to explore your personal journey
- Behavioral awareness and management skills
- Lapse and relapse awareness
- Craving and coping skills development
- Self-esteem & confidence
- Health and wellbeing awareness
- Interagency work
- An opportunity to explore and prepare for possible further move on and treatment options.
HOW TO MAKE A REFERRAL
- ⊲ Email or phone the staff office for a referral form or down load the referral form here Referral Form
- ⊲ Complete referral form and submit to the Sankalpa team office by post/email
- ⊲ Response regarding receipt of referral will be within 5 working days.