The Connect programme involves developing strong relationships with a range of local employers. The programme provides the participants with work readiness development and therapeutic supports to help them regain self confidence, work related skills, communication skills, CV development, interview preparation, placement supports, advocacy and individual educational needs assessed and addressed.
Connect matches people to work placement opportunities where they will gain meaningful work experience. Connect aims to engage employers where work placements
have the potential to develop into full time or part time employment.
The model is informed by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA), Adult Education, Creativity (art, film, and music), complementary therapies and social activities. We also provide supports to the employer / placement provider to ensure a positive experience for all involved.
We have developed the reputation of providing high quality placements with emphasis on maintaining the clients rehabilitation through understanding service users who are managing many complex traumas.
Our outcome indicators include the Outcome Star, CRA tools, the use of eCASS, and service user satisfaction surveys. These provide clinical data to verify reduced substance use, evidence of participation and overall progression rates.
Participants engage in a personalised and individually formed care plan that includes, group work, one to one key working sessions, inter agency working, GP and medical liaison, social initiatives and further external referrals. This component of the programme is provided in line with the National Drug Rehabilitation Framework. As part of this, with the service user’s permission, Sankalpa will engage with other agencies to ensure an integrated care pathway is designed to address each individual service users’ needs. This is developed in line with the National Protocols.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A comprehensive assessment
- A designated keyworker
- A care plan
- A clear introduction to current programme participation
- A stable base to explore your personal journey
- Behavioral awareness and management skills
- Lapse and relapse awareness
- Craving and coping skills development
- Self-esteem & confidence
- Health and wellbeing awareness
- Interagency work
- An opportunity to explore and prepare for possible further move on and treatment options.
HOW TO MAKE A REFERRAL
- ⊲ Email or phone the staff office for a referral form or down load the referral form from here Referral Form
- ⊲ Complete referral form and submit to the Sankalpa team office by post/email
- ⊲ Response regarding receipt of referral will be within 5 working days.